Thursday, March 11, 2010

dear Michael Eavis



What the hell have you got to look so happy about? Yes, your arms are disproportionately long, and you are showing too much leg for a senior citizen, but you have also put a dent in my wallet to the tune of £185 for the privilege of camping out in your back garden. You have basically stolen my purse and replaced two weeks rent with a small crumpled picture of Bono.

How do I feel about this? No, wait, how do YOU feel about this?



I see. It's like that, is it? You've had your fun now Eavis. Those shorts make me think you're the kind of guy who's up for a laugh. This U2 and Muse thing is a joke, right? RIGHT? A bad joke, which, as bad jokes go, is up there with the one about the nun and the cucumber.

You better be getting your iPhone out of your khaki shorts and tweeting @EmilyEavis YESdavidbowiemickjagzconfirmedgonnabdashityoCANTWAITluvdad right about now, because if you don't, Eavis, you're going to be in trouble.

You better confirm someone better than Bodger and Badger in the next 24 hours or, in the immortal words of Sue Sylvester, 'I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat, and then on some dark cold night, I will steal away into your home and punch you in the face.'

Yours sincerely,

Annabel Wigoder

2 comments:

  1. OH! You're going to Glastonbury! I didn't think anyone was going so I returned my ticket! BUT - going to ATP now!
    How are you anyway?!
    I'm down in London the first weekend in April! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also going to return my ticket this week. The line up is truly dire. Although the thought of Eavis tweeting in text talk made me lol.
    Tash which ATP are you going to? I am going to the pavement one in may and will piddle my pants if you are coming too!

    ReplyDelete